Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Minimalist Cooking Celebrates Its First Anniversary

It’s been a year since. This blog was created on 14 March 2006.

It was meant to be a food blog. I have however abused this authority by stretching it a little far and beyond - music, lyrics, photos and plain nonsenses. This mix somehow seems to produce some flavours. I’m glad it has come this far here. Surviving, alive and kicking still. For this day there is every reason to celebrate.

The foods at this blog - the crabs, the basil, the okras, the shimeji, the melons, the tagliatelle and the like – all have a story of their own. Most of the recipes here were invented or improvised literally. There was someone who shared with me every bite of these foods. She was my reason to cook. She was my inspiration for new ingredients. Three weeks after this blog was created, she disappeared, vanished, in a puff of smoke.

For the following months, the blog and the blogger took a hiatus, not up and running until July. Arguably, its birthday should be another date in July.

I have found new inspirations to cook. I have found fresh flavours in my recipes. I have lived each season as it passed. I have learnt to resign myself to the influences of each.

And I’m so glad to have made a few friends along the way. This blog is a living blog. It wouldn't make much sense without you around. For this I thank you.

The Minimalist Cooking will continue to cook, to live, to learn and to love.

12 Comments:

Blogger GM5 said...

Time really flies. Happy Anniversary! Keep up good work!

1:34 AM GMT+8  
Blogger kEV said...

Thank you GM5 for always standing next!

9:29 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brother, Keep it up! :)
Blog is a place for us to recollect memories, to share our life experience, and to know ourselves better. Thanks for sharing.

10:28 PM GMT+8  
Blogger kEV said...

Thank you Sister for being one of the few!

11:27 PM GMT+8  
Blogger miu miu said...

Congratulations Kev! This last drop of oil did make you deliver every delicious foods. Though a sad story to start, I am sure you find inspirations everywhere. 生命的本質,是互為影響,互相感動……
The minimalist cooking is still sparkling!

11:25 PM GMT+8  
Blogger kEV said...

Thank you 蝦同學 for being kind and supportive!

3:30 PM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanka for sharing!
Keep move on.

peace

9:59 PM GMT+8  
Blogger kEV said...

Thanks, Anna!

12:06 AM GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hey

go on and on, from strength to strength.

天長地久有時盡,blog來blog去無限期

我的文采都見得下人.hahahaha

5:31 AM GMT+8  
Blogger kEV said...

Thank you Janice for being just sweet!

7:22 PM GMT+8  
Blogger IceCatSeoul said...

Happy Anniversary!
Your posts are always so mesmerizing with so many stories to tell. I hope you are happier now than a year ago!

5:09 PM GMT+8  
Blogger kEV said...

Thank you Icecat for being around and bringing the most exciting mix of Korean-French-Asian ingredients!

Yes, I am resoundingly happier now!

11:39 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home