Sunday, February 18, 2007

P u r

Have you had an experience like this? A gorgeous one that you never forget. As if someone implanted a chip in your brain with a timer well set. Every now and then, the sound, the vision or the smell comes back to your memory. It brings it back for a moment but then you always have to let it go.

On this day, 13 years ago, I had this night. I went to see
Cocteau Twins at Brixton Academy in London. Cocteau Twins is a legendary British rock icon that began their 17-year musical journey from the early-80s. Unequivocally my most favourite band. Brixton is the first place to name when it comes to gigs and concerts. Both were my first experience. So it was x2 special to me. I secured this ticket on the first day of bookings, anxiously waiting for the night to come. That night opened my eyes.

That night, they played this song "Pur". At last year's
Cocteau Twins Essence Contest, one of the three winning submissions says...

"Pur is what we heard when we met, what we saw falling in love, what we felt saying," I do". It's what we tasted when we divorced. Ever now and again, when I hear that song come over my ipod, it brings it back for a moment but I always let it go."

Pur is exactly the feeling I'm having now. I know it sounds just weird on this very Chinese New Year Day.

And I know this blog is supposed to talk about food. Please excuse me again. I promise coming up next will be another mouth-watering piece. But, bear with me a little longer. Pur!

Lyrics


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger GM5 said...

Kung Hei Fat Choi!! Don't PUR anymore! Brother, let me introduce more young and nice ladies to you, I promise!

Btw, what does "Pur" mean exactly?? :p

12:09 AM GMT+8  
Blogger kEV said...

Kung Hei Fat Choi, Jeh Jeh! Best of luck, health and beauty in the year of Pig!

O, most of the Cocteau Twins don't mean anything. Personally this feeling of pur is nice and sweet. Don't worry. I'm not suffering from any sorts of deprivation.. though young nice ladies are always welcome :p

10:36 AM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home